Blog #2 Disabilities



Throughout the time I was to make

My Experience Learning about Mental Health Disabilities

By Jennifer Fernandez

 my portion of the disabilities presentation I was able to make a lot of interesting and useful discoveries. My topic of research was anxiety and depression. I feel like my generation has a lot of anxiety and depression growing up and it's very important for everyone to be informed on how to catch signs of these disabilities and how to help both others and yourself.



I'm very glad to have been a part of this presentation to raise awareness for disabilities especially my particular subgroup focused on psychological disabilities. My group consisted of both Amanda and Katie who focused on post-traumatic stress disorders, psychosis, and eating disorders to name a few.  

Mental Health Corona GIF by INTO ACT!ONI was able to find out the risks of undiagnosed depression and anxiety which in extreme cases can lead to the loss of a loved one. It's very important to be able to notice signs of depression in those we love. Signs include but are not limited to: lack of sleep, loss of enthusiasm in hobbies and favorite activities, eating too much or too little, racing thoughts, sleeping too much, low self-esteem, etc. I was able to acknowledge in the presentation how to help those suffering from depression and anxiety which is to be there for them and possibly get them professional help I also noted that it is always important to take care of your own mental health in helping someone you love who is struggling you can't help anybody if you don't help know how to care for yourself first. 

mental health depression GIFOverall I think we all did a great job with our presentations, however, we missed one vital detail which was to cite all our sources. Ignoring that however we all were fluent and confident in what we were saying and I had a great experience with my group everybody did their part and their research and I was able to learn a lot not only from my own personal part and research but everyone's point in the presentation.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3, 9, & 10 Presentation Blog

Blog #2 Disabilities